This salad is wonderful as a side or a meal. The roast pumpkin is highly nutrient-dense and supports heart and eye health, as well as boosting immunity and supplementing dietary fibre.
- 600g pumpkin
- 1.5 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 150g baby spinach
- 60g feta
- 2.5 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- Extras: avocado, roast beetroot, cherry, tomatoes, red onion.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (180°C fan).
- Cut the pumpkin into 3cm cubes & toss with olive oil, salt & pepper. Spread on baking tray & bake for 20 minutes, flipping half-way.
- Shake dressing ingredients in a jar. Taste, season and adjust as you like.
- Toast pine nuts in a dry pan over medium heat until golden, remove from pan & set aside.
- Toss spinach with some dressing & top with pumpkin, feta, pine nuts & any other toppings.