Looking for a healthy and refreshing summer dessert? Look no further than Banana Nice Cream, a tasty ice cream substitute made with a frozen banana base and any mix-ins you like. Bananas are full of important nutrients such as Manganese which benefits your skin and potassium which is good for heart health and blood pressure. Give this recipe a try today, we’re sure you’ll be a Nice Cream convert!
- 2 large bananas (or 4 cups frozen banana slices)
- Mix-ins: cinnamon, vanilla extract, coco-powder, peanut butter, frozen strawberries etc.
- Toppings: fresh fruit, shredded coconut, nuts etc.
- Start with very ripe bananas. Peel and slice into 1-2cm slices for easy blending and freeze overnight or until solid.
- Pulse the frozen banana pieces in a food processor or blender. At first the banana pieces will look crumbled, then they will become gooey and once they have smoothed out the mixture will shift to a creamy, ice cream texture. You can include any other frozen fruit in this step if you wish.
- Add any chosen mix-ins and blend for a few more seconds to combine and aerate.
- If you prefer the soft-serve texture you can eat it immediately with any desired toppings. Otherwise, you can transfer it into an airtight container, freeze until solid and scoop it out like traditional ice cream.
Note: The Nice Cream will harden when stored in the freezer so you may need to let it thaw on the counter for 15 to 20 minutes before serving again.